Friday, September 5, 2008

Curtains

Well, as promised to all those fans of soft-furnishings, here's some evidence of how much of a difference a change of curtains can make to one's flat.

Here is what we had before:

Horrid, aren't they? Words should have failed me but instead my wife and I put up with this pair of monstrosities for almost a year. They were too long, wasted space and just look at the way they were fitted (I apologize in advance for this one):

My parents very kindly came up today and helped to create this veritable
nirvana:

Yes, the curtain has literally been drawn aside to reveal that depth behind all things and beyond all things, especially curtains.

Two totally unrelated issues. Here, firstly, is one of my better cups of Monsoon Malabar, though the splodge in the middle hardly counts as 'art':


Secondly, I'd like to share with you a comment from a comic genius, a perceptive satire on the nature of religion. Listen to it here.

No comments: