Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Computing (again)

Partly because I think it's important to keep my readers informed, and partly in order to delay the process of thesis-writing for as long as possible, I take this opportunity to make a post and to inform you all that, further to my previous post, I have inherited a Mac. In case any of you are interested in what it looks like, here's a picture:


And here's my current desktop:

Overall, the switch from a PC has not been too irksome though I have had to convert some music files from .ogg to .mp3. It's nice to use and I have a distinct preference for this machine over the previous one. Today, I discovered growl. Open Office helps keep me as free as I can be from the clutches of Bill Gates.

I've booked tickets for this satirical operetta in London. It will be interesting to see Armando trying his hand at something new. I recall that he used a similar idea in one of his TV shows. Now he's actually written one!

And finally, here is a song by Hugh Laurie (who is apparently now very popular in America (and a Selwyn man - hurrah!)) which will get stuck in your head all too easily. Enjoy:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

House has been on T.V. screens in America for nearly five years now, although some people may not have noticed that Hugh Laurie is actually a 'Brit': http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTeYBCN3FbY

Monsoonmalabar said...

That was v. funny!

Anonymous said...

Armando's been a busy boy: here he is chatting about his forthcoming film, In The Loop: http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/audio/2009/jan/15/film-weekly-podcast