Thursday, November 27, 2008

Lakes

Yes, yes, yes: here we are in Wordsworth Country! It makes me want to read The Prelude: I hope some kind soul will buy me a copy for Christmas. The wedding was delightful, and the 7hr drive tolerable, though we stayed in a pub called the Swinside Inn which I cannot recommend for two reasons:
a) it was shit
b) they turn the central heating off at 10pm.

I wanted ear muffs and some kind of nose-warming device! I had to buy a cumbrian jumper to keep me warm during the night.

Here is me enjoying the Wordsworthian atmosphere:



















And here is my favourite kind of cityscape- humanity vs Nature all the way!:















And here's a picture of the Happy Couple:

3 comments:

Robert Seddon said...

The Prelude is available online, although it does lack papery loveliness in that form.

Girl In A Tree said...

Yes! A nose warming device! I've been trying to think of one for years.

Anonymous said...

Unfortunate, then, that the Swinside Inn's website boasts: "We take great care to ensure your stay is as comfortable and enjoyable as possible within a warm and friendly atmosphere."